Z phase strengthened steels for ultra-supercritical power plants
- 20-21 July 2016, Fraunhofer IWM, Freiburg, Germany: Final Consortium Meeting, Full consortium and Project Technical Advisor
- 29 May – 3 June 2016, Technical University Graz, Austria
The Z-Ultra workshop Novel materials for power generation was embedded in the Thermec 2016 Conference. This conference with about 1300 participants offered a unique opportunity to present the concept and disseminate results obtained in the Z-Ultra project to the international scientific and industrial community. 12 oral presentations, including 2 key note presentations, were held by Z-Ultra partners in 3 different sessions and 2 posters were presented. Speakers benefited from a large audience. The presentations aroused strong interest from scientists as well as from industrial researchers and led to fruitful discussions. Potential partners for future collaborations were identified.
The Consortium Meeting was held on 1 June 2016.
March 2015, Paton Institute, Kiev
- March 10: SICA call - Eastern Partnership countries: Assessment and Clustering Workshop. SICA projects:
- March 12: Workshop Science Based Materials Development for Power Engineering (flyer)
- March 13: Z-Ultra Consortium Meeting
- Mozart opera Le Nozze di Figaro
Mail received from Paton Institute: "Thank you very much for your visit to Ukraine. Z-ultra meeting was one of the most interesting events in our institute during last year."
- September 29th - October 3rd: Z-Ultra full-Consortium Meeting and Workshop at Georgian Technical University, Tbilisi, Georgia [Registration and Information (PDF)]
z-ultra team and students
Lectures / Dinner
- March 26-27th: Z-Ultra full-Consortium Meeting at Saarschmiede GmbH, Völklingen, Germany
Fotos at SSF Völklingen
- May 5-7th: 3rd International ECCC Conference Creep and fracture 2014, Rome, Italy. Creep and fracture in high temperature components, Design and Life assessment
- February 25th: Z-Ultra Kick-off meeting, Freiburg, Germany
- October 10th: Z-Ultra meeting at RWE power plant Niederaussem, Bergheim, Germany
Fotos at RWE Niederaussem
The Z-Ultra project is funded by FP7 under NMP.2012.2.2-3 - Advanced materials for high-temperature power generation call with Grant agreement no: 309916.